A seasoned speaker who has engaged numerous audiences, Rick’s presentations are spiked with humor, creative visuals and quirky props. They have proven popular at conventions, corporate events, universities, and other venues. He often draws on his own personal experiences and on on the hundreds of quirky history stories he has researched to make audiences think and smile at the same time.
• The Ghost Army of WWII
• Innovation Under Your Nose
• Getting to Eureka
• A Long Strange Trip: Tales from Music History
• Confessions of a History Filmmaker
• Rick’s Rules of History
• Featured Speaker - Sweetser Lecture Series, Wakefield MA, April 2016
• Featured Speaker - Vero Beach Museum of Art, International Lecture Series, February 2015
• Memorial Day Speaker - Lexington MA, 2014
• Featured Speaker - Holocaust Museum of Southwest Florida, "Lives of Purpose" Gala, March 2014
• Keynote Speaker - Music Teachers National Association, March 2013
• Guest Speaker - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 50th Anniversary Symposium, October 2012
• Featured Speaker - Cary Lecture Series, Lexington MA, September 2012
• Keynote Speaker - RPMDA Conference, May 2012
• Keynote Speaker Medtronic Neurumodulation Division Innovation Week , January 2011
Below: An excerpt from Rick's January 2011 Keynote Address for the Medtronic Neuromodulation Division's Innovation Week.
Below: Rick's March 2013 appearance on MSNBC talking about The Ghost Army
“If you are a conference organizer or meeting planner looking for a keynote speaker to both educate and entertain, book Rick Beyer and your members will think you’re a genius! He skillfully illustrates his witty, well prepared commentary with engaging visuals and audio clips, and turns the audience into active participants.”
"He captivated our performing arts faculty and inspired them to consider the possibilities of “A Wild Idea!”, risk taking, innovation, and seeking alternative ways to accomplish an age-old tradition - - teaching music and dance!"
Noah Blocker Glynn
Hartt School Community Division
"He masterfully delivered highlights of our institution’s 50 year history, in a way that was not only entertaining but also laced with insights unbeknownst even to those whose story he told. Rarely are story-tellers so engaging while describing reality, as is Mr. Beyer."
Dr. William Evans
Director and CEO
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
"Thank you very much for your thought-provoking and captivating presentation last week. It was a perfect capstone to our Innovation Week and your engaging presentation received a lot of very positive comments. I am confident that the messages and corresponding examples that you left will translate into people thinking differently about how they approach the whole concept of innovation."
Thomas M. Tefft
Sr. Vice President & President, Neuromodulation
“We'll be talking about it for years.”
Gary L. Ingle
Executive Director and CEO
Music Teachers National Association